Our desire is to help college students become more faithful followers of Jesus Christ, not just for this season of life, but for the rest of their lives. We believe that these four or five years really can impact the next forty. It is our hope and prayer that God would grow our college students into the men and women that He would have them to be and that he would call them out to serve him across the street and around the world.
- Sunday School – happens every Sunday morning at 9 o’clock! This is the primary gathering time for college students at Southern Hills. Our group uses a curriculum called “Explore the Bible.” This is a book-by-book study of the Bible. We are currently studying Mark’s Gospel.
- Guys Small Group – meets at Chick-fil-A on Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. This small group of guys is working through Mark Dever’s book “Discipling.” This is a very casual gathering where we enjoy chicken sandwiches and talk about what it means to be a disciple that makes other disciples.
- Girls Small Group – meet at Diane Gibson’s house on Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. Like the guys, the girls are also reading through and discussing Mark Dever’s book “Discipling." Mak and Diane make this a comfortable and relaxed time.
- OBU Small Group – meets on Thursdays at 8:00 p.m. This group is facilitated by Pablo Villa and meets at The Gathering Place in Downtown Shawnee. The group is currently going through Matt Chandler’s “The Mingling of Souls” study over love, sex, marriage, and redemption.
We have students that come from multiple colleges and universities and would love for you to be a part of our group! If you have any questions or would like more information about College Ministry at Southern Hills, you can contact Tommy by email or at 405-615-2860. You can also find us on facebook at SHBC College Ministry.
- March 30 – Paintball // 9-12 p.m. // $10 includes equipment rental and 200 paintballs.
- April 26 – Dudes & Donuts @ 6:30 p.m.
- May 17 – Dodgers Baseball @ 7:00 p.m. // $10
- June 21 – Dodgers Baseball @ 7:00 p.m. // $10
- August 4-8 – Collegiate Week 2019!