We are so excited to get to see and teach your children again in the Preschool Ministry! We love your family and are striving to keep your children safe, as always, while in our care at church. We know that these guidelines are tedious, however, they are not optional. Thank you for understanding.
You should not come into the preschool area if:
- You have a fever of 99 degrees or higher.
- You have any respiratory infections, have had a cough, are sneezing regularly, or have shortness of breath, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- In the previous 14 days, you have had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, is under the investigation for COVID-19, or is experiencing a respiratory illness.
- In the previous 14 days, you have traveled on a cruise, internationally, or to a state with excessive cases.
Whoever enters the preschool area will have their temperatures taken. This includes the staff, children, and praent/guardian doing the drop off and pick up. If your child has a temperature of 99 degrees or higher or other syptoms related to COVID-19 upon arrival, they will not be allowed to stay. If a fever develops during their time in the classroom, the child will be removed from other children and their parent will be called for pick up.
DROPPING OFF & PICKING UP:
- Only one parent/guardian will be allowed into the preschool area.
- Check-in stickers will be preprinted or printed by an assigned individual at the Preschool Desk.
- No diaper bags of any kind should be sent with your child. Supplies that you need can be placed in a labeled Ziploc bag. One will be provided for you at the Preschool Desk should you need one.
- No car seats will be allowed inside the building.
PRESCHOOL AREA PROCEDURES:
- Teachers and greeters will be required to wear masks. Children are not required to wear them.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at the entrances for everyone's protection.
- Teachers will prompt children to wash their hands regularly while in the classroom.
- Teachers may wear smocks and aprons to provide a clean fabric between the child and teacher's clothing. Teachers will wear gloves while diapering and will follow good handwashing hygiene. Changing tables will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Toys that are used by a child will be removed and sanitized before being used by another child.
- Different classrooms will be used for each hour. No room will be used twice on Sunday mornings.
- No snacks will be provided during Journey.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A CHILD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
In the event that SHBC becomes aware of a child or teacher that tests positive for COVID-19 and attended the church in the last 14 days:
- We will notify those individuals that were in the same classroom as well as anyone they may have come into contact with to the best of our ability and inform them that they have potentially been exposed to an individual with a positive test. The person who tested positive will remain confidential.
- We will thoroughly clean all areas that the individual had contact with before others are allowed to gather in that space.
- We will ask those exposed to follow CDC guidelines recommendation to quarantine until they have been symptom free for 14 days.
1) IF you begin to show symptoms during the 14 day quarantine you should be tested.
2) If you test positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms you may return to church after
- 3 days of no fever (without the use of fever reducing medication) and
- Respiratory symptoms have improved (eg. cough, shortness of breath) and
- 10 days have passed since the symptoms first began
3) If you tested positive for COVID-19 and you had no symptoms you may return to services after
- 10 days have passed since test