Who We Are
At Southern Hills, a preschooler is any child from birth to kindergarten.
What We Do
Our ministry to our youngest children does more than provide a babysitting service! We believe that it is possible to share the love of Christ with children beginning at birth on their level of understanding. We have wonderful, kid-friendly, attractive and inviting facilities with loving teachers who serve faithfully. Teaching is provided each Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening, as well as other special church events. Your preschooler is a very special person who deserves nothing less than the best loving care and teaching available. In order to ensure your child this quality care, we suggest these guidelines to help us meet your child’s needs.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions concerning our Preschool Ministry, or if you would like to tour our facilities, please contact Jacqui Gingerich, Director of Preschool Ministries, 405-682-1636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
First Time Guests
- On your first visit be sure and come by the first floor Welcome Desk in the Children’s Building, located at the south end of the church campus. Allow us to greet you and place your child in the proper room with children of their same age and/or developmental level.
- If you feel more secure in knowing that you can be located instantly, if your child should need you, make certain we have your cell phone number and put your phone on vibrate. If you do not have a cell phone available, pick up a pager at the first floor Welcome Desk.
- Children who have had any signs of illness (temperature or vomiting) in the past 24 hours cannot be accepted into any preschool room.
- Label all your child’s belongings plainly with their name.
- At least one parent must remain on the church campus while their preschooler is at church, unless there is childcare for a scheduled church event off campus.
- Additional information, including infectious disease policies, is available in the Parent’s Guidelines Manual, available at the first floor Welcome Desk in the Children’s Building, or by contacting the Preschool Ministry Office or as a link under “Guidelines for Preschool Parents”.
Just for Parents
Home Commitment/Family Dedication
This is a meaningful time for families celebrating the birth of a new baby. It is a scheduled portion of a worship service when new parents introduce their new baby and are encouraged to join the Southern Hills church family in expressing their desire to raise their child in a home environment that teaches the child about God and His love for them. If you would like to be a part of such a service, call the Preschool Ministry office to schedule a time to participate.
These individuals serve on a monthly, bimonthly or quarterly rotation to care for preschoolers, age 4 and younger, during the regular scheduled morning worship service. All Preschool parents are encouraged to be a part of the Journey Ministry Team.
You are always welcome in our Preschool Ministry! We have a need for greeters, resource room help, workers and teachers. If you would like to apply to volunteer for Sunday morning Sunday School, Sunday or Wednesday evening activities, please fill out a form available at the 1st Floor Preschool Welcome Desk or contact Jacqui Gingerich, Director of Preschool Ministries, 405.682.1636 or email email@example.com
Security Background Checks
These are mandatory for all volunteers who work with our children. Forms are available at the Preschool Welcome Desk, 1st floor of the Children’s Building or the Preschool Ministry office. Completed forms are held in strict confidence.
Just for Your Kids
Sunday mornings @ 9:00 a.m. Preschoolers, birth through Kindergarten, learn through activities tha teach Bible truths. Bible based activities promote growth, enjoyment, confidence, trust and security. Trained adult volunteers lead these teaching-learning activities for Preschoolers age birth through Kindergarten.
Meets on Sunday evenings @ 5:00 p.m. during the school year for preschoolers age 3 by September 1 through Kindergarten. Fun, musically based learning activities are provided from 5:00 to 6:15 p.m.Younger preschoolers enjoy childcare activities while parents are involved in on campus activities and evening worship services.
Music & Motion
Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. A fun creative program is provided for preschoolers age 3 by September 1 through Kindergarten. A rotation of MUSIC, BIBLE STORY and CRAFT are the fun ways that preschoolers learn more about Jesus and His love for them.
Mr. Marks Classroom
LifeWay Christian Resources
A Service of Girls and Boys Town
Medem Smart ParentHealthSource
All About Parenting
BGCO Childhood Ministries